Saturday, February 28, 2009
1. KeepVid - It supports almost all popular sites like YouTube, Metacafe, etc. Have bookmarklet option to download videos in one-click. You have to rename downloaded file to add .flv extension. You can use VLC media player to play flv files.
2. Flashload - Replica of Keepvid, but also available in Deutsche language. Supports 50 video sites. Maintains list of last 20 videos downloaded on homepage.
3. videodownloadx - Same like keepvid but have option to convert video online into 12 different formats. They ask for email address in conversion option. In case you have concern about it try next..
4. vixy.net - Supports less number of site than keepvid and less number of conversion formats than videodownloadx but simplest to use. Also they don’t ask for your email address. Read More…
5. Media Converter - Supports many video sites. Conversion options gives nice compression ratio. It have too many options and wizards. Good for advance users, bad if your looking for quickie. Converter is also available for download as windows only version.
6. Zamzar - It also feature reach like Media Convertor but instead of giving their convertor away they offers online tool where you can upload existing flv videos for conversion. Good for Linux & Mac users as they don’t have desktop software to do the same.
7. kcoolonline - List of 211 video site they supports is eye-catcher. They do have a convertor but no bookmarklet option.
8. TubeG - Supports search and download from YouTube. Flagged video is available for download. Have bookmarklet as well as many interesting section to browse.
9. ilikeyoutube - Ability to search and download videos using top tags. As name suggest its only for YouTube.
10. YouTubia - YouTube only. Offers keyword based as well as user name based search option.
11. Video Download Helper - It is second most popular firefox addon with 234,815+ downloads. Do I need to say more about it?
12. Video Ook - Supports less number of site but better customization options. Most important feature - file renaming after video title.
13. GreaseMonkey Script - Those who love to do it GreaseMonkey way can use this script. Its for YouTube only. It adds a direct download link on all YouTube pages as shown in image.
14. ByWiFi - You can search, watch & download video from YouTube & Metacafe. Registration is optional but useful to track you usage history across site. It will be great if they add support for more video site.
15. Orbit Downloader - Integrates nicely with many video sharing sites. Just hover the mouse on video and a "Grab It" button will pop up immediately! Available in 30+ languages.
16. Vdownloader - It can download and convert videos from many video sharing sites, saving them in AVI or MPG format.
17. KeepV - It also supports download as well as conversion. Conversion to MP4 format may catch iPod users. You need to manually copy-paste video URLs - Bad integration! Requires Microsoft .NET Framework.
18. Youtube Grabber - Very lightweight, but works for YouTube only as its name suggests!
For windows we got many softwares but most of them were paid. I don’t see any reason to pay for things when there are better alternative in freewares.
19. Youtube-dl - This is a shell script. After installing you can use command like youtube-dl URL to download and play video automatically. Videos played using VLC player.
Mac OS Users
20. GetTube - Only option I found for Mac OS. Only youtube is supported as you might have guessed it. Good thing supports conversion to MP4, MOV and AVI formats.
Additionally script mentioned for Linux users can be used from terminal.
21. Youtube Rippin - Finally if you are a coder and this large list impressed you, you can think of starting a site using this PHP script. Moreover if you have a PHP interpreter on your system, you can run this locally.
Source: Devils workshop.
The BEST tip i encountered recently is :
just add "pwn" before the youtube URL and hit enter it gives the download links for the file to download..
Eg: www.youtube.com/abcdef... change it to www.pwnyoutube.com/abcdef and you get download links . :)
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
1. But there is a hack which allows you to see whether someone is really offline or not. The easiest way is to directly acess the online status image using the URL - http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=userid&m=g&t=2 (replace userid with the actual user id).
2. The second way is to start a voice chat with the userid you want to check. If you don’t get an error it indicates that the user is indeed online, but in invisible mode. This works only in previous versions of Yahoo messenger.
3. There is another software which checks if some friend is invisible
It’s very simple. Just follow the steps:-
1- Log in to your Gmail account on Pidgin.
2- Go to “Buddies” -> “Show Offline Buddies“. (A person who has blocked you must be showing offline to you. So you need to make all offline friends visible)
3- Now all your contacts are visible to you. Pick any one of those.
4- Right Click on your chosen contact name and select “Get Info“.
It will show you the brief information of your contact. Now, if any of your contact has blocked you on Google Talk, you will not be able to see his/her profile.
6- Select a contact who you think may have blocked you. Again, Right Click on his/her name and select “Get Info“. You will not see anything. Not even the contact’s name.
This goes to show that this particular contact has blocked you on Google Talk and don’t want to talk to you and so it appears to be offline always.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
The other best things i appreciate are :
1) minimizing to tray
2) Hot key when minimized to tray.. Scroll Lock key for next track and something which is called as soft mute to decrease and increase volume if something other thing u r interested like talking to somebody.. and the hot key for this is pause break.. the two very less used keys in the entire qwerty keyboard.. :)
Monday, February 2, 2009
2) The normal procedure to go to command prompt and type some command can be shortened by one step. Instead of going to run -> type "cmd" -> and type netstat or some nbstat in the command prompt..simply we can type it in run itself "cmd /k netstat .." so that the command is given and opened in command prompt.
3) Suppose u forgot to signout a google session in some friends computer and this may pose a little discomfort to you that it might be used to play pranks, here is the solution. You can sign out all sessions from any where. You just need to login into ur account from any available system and go to google mail .
Go down to the end of the page where it displays
"Last account activity: Xyz minute ago at this IP (abc.def.rt.yz). Details"
Click on details.. You will be displayed about the recent activity of your account . And also an option to "Sign Out all sessions" . Dats it.. click it and u signed out all sessions.anywhere it may be.. :)
4) The short key to go to address bar is F6 . But doesnt work in some browsers like Opera. The remedy is Alt+D . This works for every browser. :)
5) Here's something which is quite gr8 in Indian context. Believe it or not.. You can track the Indian Railways trains from the web. and it works almost accurate.If u have to know if some train arrives late or is on time. go to http://www.trainenquiry.com and enter ur train number . It gives the times of trains arrival in the different stations of the route.
6) Many know that we cant create a folder named CON, NUL, COM1, COM2, COM3, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3,COM1 to COM9 and LPT1 to LPT9.
here is the solution to create the folder named con and other system variables.
1) go to run dialog.
2) type cmd/command (command prompt gets opened)
3) go to root directory like C:\ or D:\ etc
4) type md\\.\\c:\\con ....(here is done)
5) check the folder on the respected drive.
PS: blogging would be now on a regular basis .:) ;)
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Step_1: Open Firefox and type about:config in the address bar where you normally type a web address.
Step_2: Then click the button: "I'll be careful, I promise". Step_3: In the filter bar below the address bar type network.http.
Step_4: Double-click on "network.http.pipelining" to change the setting from false to true.
Step_5: Double-click on "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to change the value from false to true.
Step_6: Double-click on "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" and change the number to "30". This means it will make 30 requests at once. (Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really speeds up page loading.)
Step_7: Several lines above network.http.proxy.pipelining you’ll see "network.http.max-persistant-connections-per-proxy" and "network.http.max-persistant-connections-per-server". Double-click each line and change the value to "8".
Step_8: Two lines up locate and double-click on "network.http.max-connections" and set the value to "48".
Step_9: Now right-click (control-click on a Mac) anywhere in the configuration (the area where you’ve been making the changes). Select "New" then "Integer".
Step_10: When prompted, copy and paste or type the following into the field provided: nglayout.initialpaint.delay.
Step_11: When prompted to add a value, enter the number "0". This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.
Step_12: Close all windows and tabs. The changes will take effect when you restart Firefox. These changes allow Firefox to make multiple server connections and will speed up page downloads for better, more efficient use of your broadband connection. If you're using a broadband connection you'll load pages MUCH faster now!
its working (Y)...
Friday, January 2, 2009
There are lot of sites where we can send free sms to any mobile phone in INDIA, but many of them are not capable of doing it perfectly. Many sites go down when we require to send a free sms.These are some of the sites I found trust worthy.
The site which was my favorite was http://www.mycantos.com .It has many features like scheduling the sms when to send and increase ur free sms credits to send just by making others join this site.These credits are used to send free sms. But this site was down on this eve of new year .
The other one is http://www.mocolife.com .This one is maintained by IndiaTimes group. So, probability of site going down in very less.But it does not offer much free sms and has a limit of 80 characters to send the sms.You can schedule ur sms to be sent.It is also a good one.
The other sites which are good enough are http://www.youmint.com , http://160by2.com , http://way2sms.com , http://www.smsgupshup.com , http://www.indyarocks.com . All these sites are best to send free sms instantly.