Hi Guys, Welcome to my tech domain!! Happy reading :)
1) Logon to googlr.com
Logon to googlw.com
Logon to gogle.com
Logon to googlee.com
Logon to googlew.com
Logon to googler.com
Logon to googel.com
Logon to gooogle.com
Logon to google.com
Surprised!!! Every web link you opened in your browser redirects itself to the gr8 google.com. Google bought all these Google-similar-typo-prone domain names to help the googlers with a better googling experience. Even if u type googlr.com instead of google.com in a hurry and “r” gets typed coz its near to “e” in the QWERTY keyboard, U are redirected to the correct site. Hats off to Google!! None have implemented ever something like this before.
2) Are u ever tired of holding two hands and having a two step procedure for get the task manager work , if something not working right in your system. There is another keyboard shortcut for windows task manager which can be accessed with one hand..
3) Many know that Ctrl+enter gives the .com extension while typing so that u r not required to type .com and www for every site you access. But there are other shortcuts to access the .net and .org sites.
“Shift+enter “gives you the .net extension and “Ctrl+Shift+enter” gives you the .org extension.
4) There is a cricket match going on and you want to know the score asap.The normal thing you do [ on web] is go to cricinfo.com or cricbuzz.com and then go to the match page to get the score .Nowadays cricinfo is taking a lot of time to load and cricbuzz is slow in scores. But there are two best ways to get the scores asap.
i) Go to google.com and type cricket in the search field. You will get the live score report of the currently playing matches in the world along with the links of cricinfo ,cricbuzz and willow websites.
ii) Cricbuzz.com direct link to live scores is always
5) Now its time to switch to other sports. Soccer and Tennis.
http://www.livescores.com gives you the scores of any running match in the world.
6) Ever thought to logout gtalk because you have some work and not want to be dicturbed by your friends. Or you want to be in idle even if you are working on your workstation. There is a software known as galwaysidle which allows you to set the idle status of gtalk as you wish. http://www.galwaysidle.com
7) Many know the story of “bush hid the facts”. Open notepad , type “bush hid the facts” and save it. Open it again and see what is being saved and displayed..
The other phrases which belong to this category are:
“ bill fed the goats” , “This app wud crash”, “Matrix can not lie” and “Osamabin laden leading all terrorist”. Seems to be funny but its real!! Check out for urself. Make sure you create a new notepad file every time. This is only applicable to XP , rectified in vista.
PS: all these are observations of me at some point of time . :P